Terms and Conditions
All online advertising orders are subject to these terms and conditions unless specifically agreed to in writing by the Publisher.
- The charges and rates for digital advertising are set out in the Digital Rate Card, a copy of which the Advertiser accepts he/she has read and understood.
- Advertisement rates are subject to revision at any time and the price prevailing at the time the Contract is made binds the Publisher only in respect of the agreed booking as confirmed by the Publisher’s acknowledgement of the Order Form.
- It is the Advertiser’s responsibility to check the correctness of the Advertisement. The Advertiser warrants that any Advertisement submitted by it for publication shall comply with all applicable laws, legislation, regulations, codes of practice and is not an infringement of any other party’s rights. The Advertiser hereby grants a worldwide non-exclusive, fully paid licence to reproduce and display the Advertisement (including all contents, trade marks and brand features contained therein). The Advertiser will indemnify the Publisher fully for all costs, expenses, damages or liability whatsoever (including legal costs and awards ordered against the Publisher) in respect of any claim made against the Publisher arising from the Advertisement or its publication or as a result of any breach or non-performance of any of the representations, warranties or other terms contained herein or implied by law.
- The Advertiser warrants that all copy submitted to the Publisher (and any linked website) is legal, truthful, honest and decent and otherwise complies with the Kenyan Law.
- The Publisher reserves the right in its absolute discretion to require the Advertiser to amend any artwork, materials or copy for and relating to any Advertisement or to cancel any Contract or to omit or suspend an Advertisement (for example if it is libellous, unlawful, defamatory, pornographic, socially unacceptable, insensitive or otherwise contrary to editorial policy). Should cancellation, omission or suspension be due to the act or default of the Advertiser or its servants or agents including the unsuitability of the Advertisement as indicated above, then the Advertiser shall pay for the space reserved for the Advertisement in full notwithstanding that the Advertisement has not appeared. Such cancellation, omission or suspension shall be notified to the Advertiser as soon as reasonably possible.
- Except as otherwise expressly provided, positioning of Advertisements within the Publisher’s properties or on any page is at the sole discretion of the Publisher, and the Publisher will not be prohibited from also carrying Advertisements for any product or business competitive to the product or business of the Advertiser.
- Complaints concerning mistakes or problems with the production on the website must be received in writing by the Publisher not more than 14 days after the first publication of the Advertisement, failing which the Advertisement shall be deemed to be accepted by the Advertiser.
- Copy must be supplied by the Advertiser to the Publisher according to the guidelines indicated on the Rate Card.
- If material instructions are not received by the last day for receiving advertising material, the Publisher reserves the right in its absolute discretion to repeat Advertiser’s existing material in its possession where appropriate or where the Publisher does not hold any material to omit the Advertisement and to charge for the space reserved. For all material supplied, the Advertiser must adhere to the specification issued by the Publisher. In the event that the Advertiser’s files do not comply with the specification, the Publisher reserves the right in its absolute discretion to reject the material and the Advertiser will be asked to re-supply. If, due to technical, time or other reasonable constraints, the Publisher has to repair or rectify the file, the Publisher may (at its discretion) notify the Advertiser and shall not be liable for any inaccurate reproduction of the Advertisement or any resulting costs whether direct or indirect.
- Material supplied to the Publisher by electronic means must be free from software viruses or any other malicious computer code or corruption which will harm the Publisher’s computer systems.
- Payment is due to be received from the Advertiser within 30 days from date of the invoice.
- This Site is owned and operated by Haligonian Investment Limited. These Terms govern the use of the Site. Your use of the Site will constitute your agreement to comply with these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms, you should not use the Site.
- Haligonian Investment Limited may modify these Terms from time to time. Continued use of the Site by you will constitute your acceptance of any changes or revisions to the Terms, so it is wise to check this page regularly.
- From time to time, our Site may publish articles or features, which some site visitors may find offensive. Haligonian Investment Limited does not intend to offend and suggests that Site visitors who find the tone or content of the Site offensive, no longer visit the Site. No responsibility is taken for any offense caused.
- All copyright, trademarks, design rights and all other intellectual property rights (registered or unregistered) where relevant in and on the Site and all content located on the Site shall at all times remain vested in Haligonian Investment Limited.
- Haligonian Investment Limited grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable licence to use the Site content solely for personal use relating to your use of the Site. Except as expressly set out herein, neither you nor anyone acting on your behalf acquires any intellectual property rights relating to any Site content. Any rights not expressly granted within these Terms are reserved.
- You may retrieve and display Content from this Website on a computer screen, print individual pages on paper and store such pages in electronic form on disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not in any way make commercial or other unauthorised use, by publication, re-transmission, distribution, performance, caching or otherwise, of any Content.
- You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes and you acknowledge that your failure to do so may subject you to civil and criminal liability.
- You may not attempt to gain access to Haligonian Investment Limited servers by any means, including, without limitation, by using administrator passwords or by masquerading as an administrator while using the Site or otherwise.
- You agree not to disrupt, modify or interfere with the Site or its associated software, hardware and servers in any way, and you agree not to impede or interfere with others' use of the Site. You further agree not to alter or tamper with any Content.
- By sharing any contribution(s) with us (including but not limited to data, text, photo, message, posting, image, logo, attachment, hyperlink and all other content (collectively "Contribution(s)") to the Site, you agree and grant Haligonian Investment Limited and its sub-licensees, free of charge permission, to use the Contribution(s) at Haligonian Investments Limited’s sole discretion (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) in connection with the operation of the Site and our business. The licence extends to copying, distributing, broadcasting or otherwise transmitting, adapting or editing the Contribution(s).
- You agree and confirm that any Contribution(s) you provide or upload is original to you and does not infringe Kenyan laws, copyright or other rights of any other person, or that you have the consents necessary to provide the Contribution(s) to Haligonian Investment Limited.
- You acknowledge that Haligonian Investment Limited does not endorse the accuracy, integrity, copyright, compliance, legality, quality or decency of any Contribution(s). Users may respond to or comment upon Contribution(s), such comments do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Haligonian Investment Limited.
- This Site may include hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties including advertisers and other content providers. Those sites may collect data or solicit personal information from you. We do not control such websites, and are not responsible for their content, privacy policies, or for the collection, use or disclosure of any information those websites may collect. Linking to any other service or website from this Site is at your own risk.
- Haligonian Investment Limited respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on this Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that the Site contains links or other references to another online location that contains material or activity that infringes your copyright, please contact Haligonian Investment Limited immediately using the contacts page on the Site.
Information and Availability
While Haligonian Investment Limited takes every care to ensure that the information on this Site is accurate and complete, some of it is sourced through third parties and Haligonian Investment Limited is unable to check its accuracy or completeness.
You are advised to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it. Further, due to the inherent nature of the Internet, errors interruptions and delays may occur in the service at any time.
Accordingly, Haligonian Investment Limited’s Site is provided "as is" without any warranties of any kind and Haligonian Investment Limited does not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the information or interruption in availability.
- We are committed to safeguarding your privacy online. We appreciate that you do not want any personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately.
- Your personal information is collected when you register or fill in a form on this Site.
- Personal information is any information that allows someone to identify you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone and mobile numbers, email address, as well as any information about you that is associated with or linked to, or could be linked to, any of the foregoing data.
- Personal information that is provided by you will only be used for the purpose for which it is provided, unless you are informed otherwise at the time of giving the information.
- Haligonian Investment Limited will from time to time collect information from you for the purpose of creating de-personalised data that does not reveal your identity. Haligonian Investment Limited uses this information to improve our products and occasionally for other internal purposes. We may disclose de-personalised data (such as aggregated statistics) about the users of our Site in order to describe our sales, customers, traffic patterns and other site information to prospective partners, advertisers, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
- Under certain circumstances we may be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal information and we reserve the right to comply with any such legally binding request. Other than this, Haligonian Investment Limited will not disclose any of your personal information to any other third parties without your consent.
- If you wish to contact us concerning any matter relating to your personal information please contact us through out contact page.